Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better – GAF developed a fire-retarding modified bitumen membrane roofing material! This premium roofing product is strong, heavyweight. At its core is our strong, heavyweight, and resilient non-woven polyester mat. The mat is coated with an inherently fire-retardant APP polymer modified asphalt and then surfaced with mineral granules!
This fire-retarding TPO roofing material is designed for new roofs and re-roofing. It is ideal for situations in which long-term roofing system performance is a must!
What are it’s advantages? It is:
- The system guarantees are available for up to 20 years!
- NO COATING is required for Class A rating from UL and FMRC
- It costs less than most single-ply TPO systems
- It weighs less than 3 pounds per square foot – that is light!
- It’s heavyweight polyester mat core is pliable and can be elongated, allowing it to resist splits and tears.
- The durable nature of its material and manufacture gives you lasting performance and protection.
- WIND UPLIFT RESISTANCE: selected roofing assemblies with our FR membrane meet FMRC class 1-180 when installed over concrete decks.
- Backed by GAF.
- Available in black or white granules.